Food Bank/Pantry Assistant Job Description
- Assist food pantry managers in receiving and packing orders
- Make sure that received food packets are sorted, stocked and stored in an appropriate manner
- Ensure proper refrigeration of frozen items and perform rotation duties as necessary
- Assist food pantry coordinator in purchasing food items
- Make sure that the purchased food is in accordance to the requisition provided
- Assist in training volunteers to work at the food pantry
- Collect appropriate data to determine food needs in specific area
- Ensure appropriate packaging of food
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of food pantry
- Make sure that all surfaces in the food pantry are sanitized in accordance to the standards of the organization
- Greet clients and assist them during shopping activities
- Staff the desk of the food pantry and provide information to visitors and clients
- Handle the intake process in accordance to the company’s regulations
- Keep paper supplies stocked and up to date
- Other duties as necessary.
Please submit a letter of introduction and a resume to the Center.
Scheduled hours are Wednesday and Friday, 9:30 am – 3:00 pm.
Pay will be $10 – $12/hour, DOE.
Position is expected to start ASAP.
Application window closes on November 10, 2017.